Dec 18, 2021
Samuel Donner of the Finding Founders Podcast interviews Lori Kay Stout, owner and operator of Lupin Lodge Naturist Retreat in Northern California’s Santa Cruz Mountains. While host Samuel Donner experiences his first Nude interview, Lori Kay answers his questions showing vulnerability, strength to overcome and extreme perseverance as a woman, wife, mother and business owner. This is a very deep interview which will especially resonate with women. Parts are about Lupin, other parts are about the effect of being nude amongst other Humans, and some of it is deeply personal. Listen to how Lori’s determination, vision and strength built Lupin Lodge into a community of body positivity and self-discovery. Listen to the podcast above and enjoy.
• Acceptance and Discrimination: With her own freedom as an adult woman now, Lori looks back at the racial discrimination her parents faced just for loving each other.
• Childhood: School is hard enough, especially when you are continually moving every couple of months.
• Values and Expectations: Breaking out of traditional values can be challenging, but it does help when you have very few expectations to meet.
• When in Switzerland: When you are an exchange student, sometimes you just have to go with the flow.
• College and Nudists: You can learn a lot of things about yourself in college. From changing majors to changing out of your clothes, you never know what is going to happen when you get there.
• Someone Special: You never know who you are going to meet in a nudist community, maybe a fellow nudist, the owner, or maybe your future spouse.
• An Awakening: When you are going into an anaphylactic shock, you may just have an epiphany about your life choices.
• Job Hunting: Making it as a professional sculptor has its own challenges. Now trying being a female sculptor in a man’s world.
• Inequality at Work: Even in her home country, Lori still faced misogyny at her day job.
• Keeping the Business: Some opportunities are so special that you have no choice but to step up to the plate.
• A Year of Fours: How much heartbreak and trauma can happen in one year?
• Twins: What is more exciting than having one baby?
• Trouble in Paradise: With a con-artist running the business into the ground and her husband’s health declining, will Lori be able to save her family and the business?
• Regaining Control: After taking Ed to court, Lori was finally able to evict him and regain control of Lupin.
• Tragedy in the Homeland: Just when things are starting to look up, they take a turn for the worst.
• Moving Forward: After overcoming her trials, Lori is able to expand her community and grow her business.