Join us every 4th Sunday of the month for monthly Lupin Club Meeting.
February 24 @ 4:00 “Nightingale” by Kristin Hannah
March 23 @ 5:00
April 27 @ 5:00
May 25 @ 5:00
June 29 @ 5:00
BOOK CLUB RULES
BARELY LITERATE BOOK CLUB
BARELY LITERATE BOOK CLUB RULES – 2021
1. Have fun and enjoy yourself.
2. Be courteous, one speaker at a time, minimize side conversations. Phones turned off – or on vibrate if you are expecting an important call.
3. The book club was created because we want to read and discuss books with all of you and have a good time. We are the Commodore and Captain and Scribe and we command that everyone have a good time. It is also important that the CC&S have a good time – otherwise our rates will go up.
4. The club will be limited to 20 members so that we can have a good conversational circle.
5. Spouses and/or partners who are not club members may sit quietly in the back.
6. Sometimes there is a waiting list of people wanting to join. If you know someone who wants to join and you think they would be a good member, encourage them to contact us and get their name on the waiting list.
7. We ask that you attend at least six meetings a year. Since we limit membership to 20 people at a time, this allows us to make room for new members if you feel you cannot commit to six meetings a year.
8. Give others a chance to be heard.
9. If you feel you cannot get a word in edgewise, raise your hand and the Commodore will let you have a turn.
10. Each meeting each member may propose a book for the group to read. Before proposing a book, you should have read it and it should be available in paperback and in the library.
11. Only one book will be chosen per meeting.
12. For a book to be chosen, it must receive a majority of votes. There will be a category of “none of the above” that you may choose if you do not wish to read any of the books proposed.
Bottom line: The BLBC is for everyone to have fun.