Playing Songs from the Balkans to Armenia
Join us for this magical day!
- 12:00pm – Charlie Perkins will be performing classical guitar
- 1:00pm – The Metanastys will be playing songs from the Balkans to Armenia, and centering around Greece and Turkey.
Ticket price includes access to our resort facilities which includes a pool, hot tub, sauna, volleyball and tennis courts, hiking trails, and karaoke event at 6pm.
All activities are clothing-optional – *except for the pool area which is nude only.
The Metanastys (aka ‘immigrants’) specializes in Anatolian folk tunes, Rebetika, and some of their own originals inspired by all the musical traditions of the region.
Inspired by the Greek word for ‘immigration’ (metanasti), The Metanastys met each other in the Balkan music scene of the Bay Area. Having played in various bands and ensembles in different styles, Marco from Italy, Yağız from Turkey, Zina from Moldova and Ukraine, Jonathan from California got together to focus their musical energy around where today’s Turkey and Greece meet. They realized that they all enjoy a loosely structured, makam-based approach to music, with lots of room for improvisation and instant musical ideas; and thus the band was born.
Band members and instruments:
- Jarolim Gayri (Ali Yağız Şen) – bouzouki, guitar, vocals
- Zina Pozen – accordion, vocals
- Marco Ghezzo – violin
- Jonathan Kipp – percussion (davul, darbuka)